Sunday, September 19, 2010

The post In which I am sappy

On Sunday mornings I take a morning drive to bigbys to get coffee, muffins and the paper. This morning was no different, except that I saw six army vehicles driving all in a row. Nothing to be alarmed about; we're not at war here, after all. Except that it did make me feel uneasy. I couldn't help but think about civilian mothers out getting coffee and muffins for their families in a country where seeing such a sight might cause them to rush home to make sure their families were safe and not in danger. I feel so blessed to live in America, safe in our little bubble where trouble seems so very far away. Where "money trouble" means that maybe your pantry is a little bare this week, and if things are really bad, maybe your using napkins for toilet paper for a few days. My household budget is a little tight lately but, here I am, typing my blog on my iPad while watching Benjamin button on my flat screen, warm in my house while my son sleeps safely in his bed.spoiled. What I am trying to say is, I am grateful. I'm grateful for our kind of struggles, the kind where I know that everything is gonna be alright.

On a completely different note, Kaden just woke up from his nap and came out on the couch with me. He is now cuddled up with me, fast asleep again. I love weekends. Mostly because I have kaden all to myself. I'm so selfish :)

1 comment:

  1. I love a good sappy post now and again. Especially when it is so heartwarming ♥

    ReplyDelete