Monday, September 20, 2010

Completely rando

Kaden is the weirdest. He's not a picky eater but he would rather just skip to the good stuff. Preferably ice cream. Just a bit ago he asked me what I was doing. When I told him that I was heating dinner up he said,"dinner!?! Umm...how about...ice cream!". We had a short discussion about that and eventually he climbed into his high chair. Pouting. He had his hands over his eyes as if he was dreading what i might place before him. As if I might place a bowl of brussel sprouts and frog eye balls in front of him and tell him to eat every last bite of his dinner if he wants ice cream. He peeked through his fingers and said, " oh! Setti!" Now, last night I made spaghetti with meat balls and he would not touch it. He declared it 'yucky'. Ice cream or bust. Tonight it's leftover spaghetti and he his smacking his lips as he sucks in the noodles and enthusiastically saying Mmmmmmmm! Like I said. Weird.
He is also growing up before my eyes. Just today when we were getting into the car to leave day care he asked for his glasses (well, "gladded") instead of his 'ga'.he now says 'kinyou' instead of just 'kin' for thank you. When he's thinking of something he very often will put his finger to his chin and say hmmmmmmm while rolling his eyes around very dramatically. (that word does not look right but I've retyped it so many times that it barely looks like a word at all) I can't believe he'll be three soon. The idea of pre school scares the crap out
of me. The place I work is supposedly one of the nicer places and the way most of the girls treat the kids is atrocious. I don't know how I would ever be able to be positive kaden is being treated nicely. They expect so much out the kids and if/when they can't deliver they yell and belittle. On top of that, kaden is so sensitive you barely have to look at him like you might be mad and he breaks down. I don't want my boy to be emotionally beaten down from pre school! I sometimes wonder why the kids don't say something to their parents but I think they are just so relieved to be going home that they don't think to complain. Or maybe they don't realize there is any choice in the matter. And really, how is a parent supposed to ask their child if their being treated nicely without asking leading questions? Anyways... My ice cream is melting...

No comments:

Post a Comment